Entertaining is simple and easy. With some basic white wine pairing and very little effort, you can put together a platter of small bites that are perfect for your wine tasting gathering.
If you love to cook but don’t like the long list of ingredients in many recipes, these fast and easy recipes are sure to make your wine tasting evening fun. Feel free to use your own favorite ingredients when making dips.
Some of our white wine pairing suggestions are for Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc. Or, you can choose your own favorite wine if one of these is not your preferred choice.
Remember “It’s all a matter of taste!”
Easy Appetizer Recipes
Fruit and Dip
- Thread fresh fruits such as pineapple chunks, apple wedges, pear slices, and orange sections onto wooden skewers.
- Serve with curry dip made of equal parts of mayonnaise and sour cream with curry powder to taste.
Easy Recipes for the Buffet Table
- Spread water crackers with soft cream cheese with chives and onions. Top with thinly sliced smoked salmon and chopped fresh dill.
- Spread water crackers with Guacamole and top with a slice of tomato.
- Top assorted crackers with sliced Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers. If desired, broil 30-60 seconds or until cheese melts. Top with salsa and plate for serving.
These simple appetizers are easy to make and enjoy with your favorite white wine. If you are not sure which wine to choose you can always select a sparkling wine. Choose a dry sparkling wine and also a semi-dry sparkling wine.